Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thinking about St. Valentine...


"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."-Plato

Valentines Day is pretty much around the corner. And I find myself (this year) not hating the idea of St. Valentine paying a visit. This year I find my self looking back at past Valentines Days, and remembering why I use to love this holiday and up until high school hate this holiday. Its funny how something so simple could make you change your whole out look on life, love… even Valentine Day.

I remember in 2nd grade when the teacher made use make cute Valentines Day cards for one another (and for our moms) with candy. Then when you fast forward to high school, you see pretty much all the guys getting a girl they like or there girlfriend big teddy bears and chocolate etc.. Because it was Valentines Day, it’s the one day (other then Christmas) that they can show the world how much they care about the girl friend. And for some couples it’s there first time saying those three simple words.

To enjoy this holiday, truly madly deeply is to spend this day with someone you care about. Or the next best thing someone you love. (It doesn’t have to be with a boyfriend/girlfriend it could be with a friend or family but then again “what’s the fun in that”)

Til next time....Peace/Love & Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hmm, I am not the same person I was yesterday! Shy (life is too short for that), Naïve (I pay close attention to things now) Angry/hot headed (I try not to let people get to me) AM A CHANGE WOMAN. Therefore, you should get to know me before you pass any judgments on me.